Not all needlewomen know that decorating the interior or making an inexpensive gift for their family or close friends is possible using ordinary paper napkins. Decoration for the festive table, Christmas toys, snowflakes on the Christmas tree, origami animals, Christmas decoupage and other decor - these are just a small part of what can be made from this simple material. Detailed and step-by-step master classes, as well as a visual photo presented in this article will help you quickly and correctly make DIY crafts from napkins. Your children can participate in this fascinating process, as a common needlework not only brings the family together, but also helps to develop the creative abilities of your kids.
Having made repairs in the children's room, as a finishing touch, you can place the child’s monogram on the wall, decorated with rainbow ornament from paper napkins. To do this, we need the following materials:
- A simple pencil
- Napkins of the seven colors of the rainbow,
- Thick cardboard
- Eyelet cord,
- Glue - moment or PVA,
- Ruler and scissors,
- Additional decor for decoration - leaves, ladybugs, flowers, butterflies.
- The first step is to make a sketch of the monogram from the intertwined initial letters of the surname and name.
- Next, the image is transferred on an enlarged scale using cell reception onto A4 sheet. You can do this part of the work on the computer.
- After carefully cutting out the letters, a monogram template is obtained, which is circled on cardboard and cut out.
- On the front side, markup is made from top to bottom at seven equal intervals. Strips are best marked at an angle, although a straight, arc or zigzag arrangement is allowed.
- Multi-colored napkins should be cut into small squares, the size of which is selected independently, based on their desired sizes obtained from them when rolling balls.
- First, red balls are made and glued to the upper strip, then to the next strip - orange and so on until the end, in accordance with the order of the colors in the rainbow. That is, the next one will be yellow, then green, blue, blue and purple stripe.
- Having dried a monogram under a stack of books, it remains to stick a loop to it from the wrong side, add decor and hang the decoration on the wall.
Graceful monogram in rainbow colors.
Funny figures from balls of colorful napkins
From paper napkins it is easy to make a festive decoration for a table or gift box in the form of flowers. For work, we need the following materials:
- Glue stick or PVA glue,
- Durable thread
- A tube that acts as a stem, if you plan to make a bouquet.
Step-by-step master class
- An accordion is formed from a napkin with a width of each fold equal to one centimeter. To make the product accurate, it is advisable to make markings on both sides.
- Without unfolding the accordion, you should put it with the flat side on the table and fold it in half to find the middle. This line is used to bind a folded napkin with a strong thread.
- The free ends of the accordion are rounded with scissors.
- It remains to fluff the flower and glue the folds together to make a spectacular corrugated circle.
Beautiful handmade flower made from paper napkin
Accepting an original DIY gift is doubly pleasant
You can make such a table decoration in just half an hour.
Crafts from napkins will be an excellent decoration of your home and the main attribute of the celebration
- One of the napkins needs to be cut into four equal parts. One of them folds in half and twists along the short side into a tight cylinder. On the one hand it is pulled together with a thread. This will be the base of the core of the flower.
- The remaining squares are cut diagonally. The right angle of the resulting triangle bends, and the remaining ends need to be loosely wrapped around the core, securing the resulting petal with a thread. Their number can be different and is determined in the course of work.
- To make a bouquet, stems are made. It can be a thick copper wire wrapped in a strip of napkin of the desired color. In the process of wrapping, you can attach a paper leaf.
Beautiful and delicate bouquet of red roses will be a wonderful decoration for the festive table
Rose is a symbol of love and perfection. This is a great piece of decor that can be an original decoration for your interior.
An interesting floral arrangement can be made from several multi-layer napkins. List of required materials:
- The basis, which can be used as a foam rubber ball or a crumpled newspaper in the form of a ball, wrapped for thread fixation.
- PVA glue.
Do it yourself
- A circle with a diameter of about 14 cm is cut out of the napkin. This size may vary depending on the dimensions of the napkin and the size of the flowers to be made. To give the flower more expressiveness, the edges of the circle are surrounded by a bright felt-tip pen of a color contrasting to the general background.
- Exactly in the middle, the cut circle is fastened with a stapler in two brackets crosswise.
- Now the upper layer separates and rises, folding in a beautiful zigzag. In the same way, all subsequent layers are laid out alternately.
- After making about 16 flowers, you can attach them with glue to the base, placing it on the entire surface of the ball, close to each other.
- Further, between the flowers, you can arrange paper leaves of green color, this will give the composition a more spectacular look.
- It remains to put the glued ball into a beautiful flower pot or vase, making it a full-fledged decorative element of the interior.
Step-by-step instructions for making a flower from a colored paper napkin
Original design of a flower from colored paper
Wonderful red aster made by yourself from a paper napkin will always remind you of summer
Refined Spring Vase
Crafts from napkins are not limited to flowers only. From this wonderful material you can make or decorate with them almost anything, for example, a decorative flower vase. To make an unusual vase, you need to stock up on the following material:
- Napkins with delicate floral or animal patterns
- Jar - a can of coffee or juice,
- Acrylic white paint and putty,
- PVA glue,
- The can is covered with paint on both sides, after which it is dried in a well-ventilated area.
- The upper thin layer, where the drawing is located, is carefully separated from the napkin. Fragments of the picture necessary for composition break off with fingers. It is undesirable to cut them with scissors, so in this case the edge is too flat.
- The next solid layer is glued onto the prepared jar from the outside, tearing small pieces according to the papier-mâché principle.
- Acrylic putty with uneven strokes is applied to the upper cut of the can, masking it.
- Then, on one side of the future vase, a trunk and branches are formed from top to bottom with putty using a stack.
- The adhesive composition is diluted from one and a half parts of PVA glue and one part of water. Fragments with leaves, birds, butterflies, forest animals are placed on the surface of the jar in accordance with the composition plan and are carefully spread on top with a glue brush. During gluing, it is important to apply movements from the center of the fragment to the edges, carefully, but carefully smoothing it, trying not to tear.
- Having pasted over the entire surface of the vase, the neck is painted in tone with the main background. To paint the branches and the trunk, a brown paint is taken, with which all irregularities are filled.
- After the trunk dries, decorative ledges stand out with golden paint using a sponge. To do this, the sponge is slightly pressed to the desired area of the improvised barrel without indentation. A light golden plaque effect can be made over the entire surface of the vase.
DIY vase is a beautiful and affordable accessory that allows you to transform your interior
Unusual vase with volumetric ornament
If you urgently need a high vase for your favorite flowers, and the store does not have products suitable for the interior of the room, you can easily make it from improvised materials, spending a small amount of money. Materials for the manufacture of vases:
- PVA glue,
- Paper towels matching the color of the wallpaper
- Three or four pea cans
- Napkins of contrast to the main background color,
- A simple pencil.
Making decor from napkins
- We take napkins in the right color scheme. It is better to combine several colors, so the festive decor will turn out more elegant.
- We unfold the folded napkin completely and from this position we begin to fold it into an accordion. You need to fold it so that each new bend coincides with the previous one, the width of the folded bend (strip) should be about 2-3 cm.
- After the entire napkin is folded, it must be thoroughly ironed by hand on both sides, so that each kink is clearly expressed.
- At the marked center, gently smooth the napkin in half. In total, we need three such harmonics, so we make two more.
- Next, take the scissors and round off the edge of the folded napkin. We try to do this so that the edges of the accordion do not move and the cut is even. You can cut napkins in various variations so that the finished products differ from each other.
- Holding the edges of the napkin, we bring the upper and lower parts together to form a semicircle, we fix it with a stapler or PVA glue. In a similar way we do with each accordion.
- It remains to glue all of our workpieces together. As a result, we should get a corrugated circle resembling a flower.
- Finished products are hung on a thread or glued to the wall with double-sided tape.
Stages of making a paper napkin flower
Wall decoration with napkin decor is very popular among decoupage masters
Bright and stylish decoration of the kitchen that will give everyone a good and cheerful mood
Flowers from paper napkins will look very nice on wooden legs. The material for them can be colored pencils, toothpicks or skewers.
Using colored napkins, you can organize an excellent photo zone
Method 1 Reusable Wipes
- 1 Decide which solution you want to use. Plain water may be suitable for some children. If you want to make good cleansing wipes, use 2 tablespoons of baby shampoo, 2 tablespoons of oil and 2 glasses of water. Other recipes include ingredients such as aloe vera juice, apple cider vinegar, essential oils, and soap. Feel free to experiment to determine which recipe is best for your baby's skin and your lifestyle.
- 2 In a measuring cup or jar with a lid, combine all the ingredients.
- 3 Stir until completely dissolved.
- 4 Pour the mixture onto 15-20 baby bath towels, terry washcloths, or cotton flannel squares measuring 10 x 10 inches (25 x 25 cm) in a tissue dispenser or other container. Or simply put the mixture in a spray bottle and divide the procedure into two steps: first spray the mixture on the baby’s ass and thoroughly wipe it with a clean, dry cloth. As soon as the container is empty, clean it well and repeat!
Method 2 Disposable Wipes
- 1 Take a roll of Bounty or Viva paper towels (or other premium or high quality paper towels) and cut the roll into half with a notched knife (be careful).
- 2 Take an ice cream bucket
- 3 Fill a quarter with warm water (or a tissue solution).
- 4 Place half the roll of paper towel in the bucket. Pull out the cardboard tube after the wipes have absorbed the entire solution.
- 5 Cut the letter X "in the cover. Starting from the center of the roll, pass the towels through the “X”.
- 6 Now you have baby wet wipes!
- Creating your own wipes will protect the baby’s delicate skin from absorbing unwanted chemicals.
- Reusable wipes save money and reduce waste.
- Wash used cloths, or soak separately in containers with a mixture of water, vinegar and baking soda before washing.
- Some children are sensitive to essential oils; use tea tree oil with caution. If a rash occurs or persists, discontinue use immediately.
- Essential oils are strong and very few can be used on children. It's best to avoid them at all, but a little lavender or chamomile should do. Avoid all artificial flavors.
What do you need
- Baby terry cloth, terry washcloths or flannel squares
- Napkin container or spray bottle
- Ingredients for Napkin Blend
For household disposable wipes:
- Paper towels Bounty
- Ice cream bucket or other sturdy container