Kusudama is the Japanese art of making paper jewelry. This creative activity is accessible to people of all generations and statuses. All you need is to show your imagination and make a beautiful element of decor. If you are a creative person and are not afraid to learn something new, then you can try to make a small craft, for example, a ball of kusudama from paper. A magic ball, schemes of which can be easily found on the Internet, is done very simply and quickly.
The art of making paper decor elements came to us from Japan. In this country, children from a very young age are taught to make paper animals, birds, lanterns and other figures. This not only develops their creative abilities, but also teaches to be neat and prudent. Adults are not against such entertainment either. They are happy to take a piece of paper and begin to come up with various figures.
This type of art has become very popular due to its accessibility. The work uses a minimum of materials and tools that can be easily found in your apartment or buy inexpensively. Ready-made crafts can not only decorate the interior in an original way, but also become a good gift for a person close to you.
Kusudama art itself is a variation of the well-known origami. It provides for the manufacture of a ball figure from modules glued together (in most cases, these are flowers made from a square sheet of paper).
If you have at least an hour, then you can take his art of origami from paper. Kusudama balls can not only decorate the living room, but also calm the nerves, as well as cheer up. Researchers in Japan and various European countries have proven that kusudama and other origami species have beneficial effects on human attention and memory. Passion for this art improves the well-being of people of all ages.
Before you make a magic ball of kusudama, you need to correctly select all the necessary materials and choose one of the varieties of this art. Kusudama is not limited to strict frames and can be made using various shapes, shapes and colors. The modules that make up the finished figure can be made in different styles and assemble in all kinds of flowers. The attractiveness of the finished paper origami ball depends on these parameters. Schemes and varieties may be as follows:
- the Rose,
- simple flower
The most commonly used is the classic kusudama. Its basis is the triangles from which the module is created. With their help, an original and very beautiful ball is formed. At first glance, it may seem that the manufacture of such an article takes a lot of time and effort, but this is not so. The classic ball is made quite simply and quickly. Everyone who takes the first steps in origami is advised to start acquaintance with art with them.
In addition to simple and affordable schemes, there are more complex ones, for example, a kusudama-flower. This craft takes much more time and is done after obtaining certain skills in the manufacture of simpler figures.
One of the most unusual is the openwork ball-kusudama. This paper craft will be a wonderful decoration for your apartment or office. Such a ball can be hung in any corner of the room or decorate it with a Christmas tree. For its manufacture, you will need such materials and tools: 30 paper strips of white and blue color, a strong thread for knitting, PVA glue.
The process of creating an openwork ball is simple and consists of the following steps:
- A blue paper strip is taken and folded in half. This is done in the direction from left to right.
- The workpiece straightens and returns to its original position. As a result, a bend appears on paper, which goes exactly in the middle of the strip.
- The upper left corner bends toward the center.
- The same action is done for the upper right corner, only it bends from top to bottom.
- At the next stage, the left corner of the upper part of the workpiece is bent down, and the right corner is in contact with the middle of the strip.
- All the same actions are repeated in the same way.
- The resulting figure bends in half.
- Further, the workpiece again returns to its original position (fully deployed).
- Now a strip of white paper is taken and folded with a slight indentation down.
- The workpiece until the middle folds in the form of an accordion. Instead of the last bend, a smooth protrusion is left.
- All the same actions are performed with the second side of the product.
- After that, two angles are bent: lower left and upper right.
- Again, a blue blank is taken and the resulting white figure is placed in its center.
- The product is folded along the existing bending lines.
- Using PVA glue, the white blank is glued.
- Twenty-nine more blanks are made in the same way.
- The next step is to assemble the ball. To do this, in one of the modules a part near the white accordion is smeared with glue.
- Another module is glued to it. At the same time, the white corrugated parts must touch their corners.
- The operation is repeated for five modules. As a result, they form a closed figure, which will become the basis of the future ball.
- The remaining workpieces are glued in the same way until they form a finished ball.
- A tassel brush is glued to the bottom of the product.
- The finished product is put to dry, after which they can decorate your interior or give to a friend.
This option for making crafts is perfect for inexperienced needlewomen. You can attract your children to work on the ball. This will not only help them develop fine motor skills, but also allow them to show their imagination, as well as creative abilities.
To perform the work, you will need such tools and materials: 30 squares of paper of any color, decorative tape, glue.
Such a figure is made as follows:
- First of all, all modules are made. To do this, take a square piece of paper and fold in half.
- The blank unfolds and smoothes. Then both edges of the leaf are bent to the formed center line.
- The upper left corner is bent until it contacts the nearest bend.
- The same is done with the lower right corner.
- The resulting triangles are bent again to form a wide geometric figure.
- The sides are bent toward the middle of the paper square.
- Then, diagonal folds are made on the resulting workpiece.
- Similar actions are being taken in the opposite direction.
- One of the sides of the product bends and the resulting corner is embedded in it.
- The bend unfolds, and then the edge of the paper is tucked into the resulting pocket. The result should be a figure in the form of a rhombus.
- The workpiece is bent in half.
- The resulting triangle bends to the middle of the product.
- The same actions are performed with the opposite edge.
- Similar actions are being taken and another twenty-nine modules are being manufactured.
- The assembly of kusudama follows. First of all, the corner of one module is threaded into the pocket of another.
- Another blank is taken and added to the first two. The result is a product resembling a pyramid.
- All other modules are connected according to the same principle.
- The parts are fastened together with glue.
- The finished product is decorated with a ribbon and a loop for hanging.
How to make a kusudama ball for beginners in pictures
Making paper home decorations is very simple, just resort to your imagination. We have already considered the best crafts in the origami technique, today we invite you to consider the Japanese art of Kusudama, which is based on the design of a wide variety of jewelry. Below you will learn how to make a kusudama ball for beginners.
Why is the figure so popular
Making paper figures has become popular thanks to Japanese origami art. Using this technique, you can make animals, birds, paper lanterns, and even cubes. Working with paper allows you to develop creative abilities, educate children about accuracy and attentiveness. And even adults do not mind making something like this out of paper and gladly pick up the sheets. Even with little experience, the first products are obtained almost perfectly and beautifully.
The first reason for the popularity of working with paper is the simplicity of the material and its accessibility. Creativity does not need special tools. And the made craft can become an original home decoration or a gift.
Kusudama is a separate kind of origami. This technique is based on the manufacture of balls that stick together from specific figures.
If you have free time, then you can learn how to make a kusudama ball for beginners. Researchers have found that work can improve memory and even have a beneficial effect on well-being.
What varieties of the ball exist
Before you start making crafts, you should know that for making kusudama from paper, a magic ball of a circuit is necessary. We will provide them as per each species.
We have already made paper balls, and as far as you remember. They differ in manufacturing methods and appearance. If we talk about the balls of Kusudama, then they are not limited to the method of manufacture.
They differ in shape, color, and even in their constituent figures. Even the styles of the ball are different, different colors can be used in their composition, on which the appearance and attractiveness will depend.
What schemes can you use:
Kusudama openwork scheme
- with roses
- with cloves
- with lilies
- with simple colors
The most popular kusudama paper magic ball schemes are those that include classic elements. These crafts are based on triangles with which modules are made. As a result of folding, the original ball is obtained.
It may seem to beginners that the work will be difficult, but using the classic scheme you can cope quickly. I advise beginners to start with this particular scheme.
In addition to simple options, there are more complex ones, which we will also consider. Such crafts, of course, take a certain amount of time, but the result is worth it. We do not recommend immediately tackling complicated schemes, practice simple ones.
For a kusudama ball, different schemes are used. They can be both simple and complex, but each needs accuracy and patience. If you try, the finished product will turn out to be very beautiful and original. Do not take on complex work right away, it is better to start small, for example, learn how to make origami for beginners. This practice will help you in your future work.
As promised, we begin our work with a simple kusudama scheme, it is called classical. It is from this craft that you need to start the beginners. The basis of the work are elements based on which in the future you can make complex structures.
For the creative process, we need:
We proceed to folding:
- We take a square sheet (by the way, those who have already encountered similar work claim that it is convenient to work with leaves for notes). Fold the square so that we get a triangle. Two lower corners are applied to the top and we get a miniature square.
- Previously bent corners bend again. The bottom should remain square.
- We straighten the triangles formed on the sides. After spreading, a finger should be placed in them freely. The creases that opened will resemble the brink of a diamond. Turn the workpiece over to the other side and turn the triangles on the sides.
- Again, turn the figure over, and add the corners that are located on the sides along the lines marked on the paper. The item should get a square shape.
- Take the glue, apply it to the flaps. We connect the left and right parts, we get a cone. We expect complete hardening of the glue. To ensure that the workpiece is strong, secure the bonding place with a paper clip.
- While the first part is glued, make about four more similar ones, the amount of paper will depend on how large the ball of kusudama will turn out.
- Apply glue to the seams of each piece. We add the details and form a flower. To prevent the joints from breaking apart, fasten them with a paper clip. When the glue is completely dry, remove them. One flower for the future ball is ready.
We continue the work in the manner described above. It will take about twelve flowers. Gluing the received details, you can get a ball of kusudama, which can decorate your home. It is not necessary to use paper with one color, you can use a variety of shades, so the craft will look brighter and more attractive.
If you want to learn how to make a kusudama ball for beginners with an unusual look, we suggest that you familiarize yourself with the openwork craft. Such a ball will be a great decoration for a room or office. It can be placed in any corner and even on a Christmas tree.
For work, take:
- thirty stripes of paper use two colors,
- knitting thread
This is not to say that instructing how to make an openwork ball of kusudama for beginners will be difficult. If you try, then not an experienced person will cope with it.
The work consists of the following steps:
- Take a strip of one color. Fold in half from left to right. Straighten the material and return to its original position. We get a fold.
- Add the top corner to the center. Repeat the action with the right corner. Pull the left corner down, and the right corner to the point of contact with the center of the strip. Repeat the steps.
- The resulting figure is folded in half. Return the figure to its original position.
- Take a strip of a different color. Bend a little stepping down. Fold the material with an accordion. Instead of the last bend, leave a flat part. We do these actions with the other half. We add the two lower corners.
- Take the first strip and put in the center of the second. Fold everything in bent lines. We glue the resulting figure with glue. Repeat the steps for the remaining strips.
- When all the blanks are ready, you can collect a ball of kusudama from paper. We take one of the modules, near the accordion we process glue. We glue another module to this place with corners. We do the work with five blanks. They will help to form a round base for the future ball.
- Glue the rest of the workpiece until you get the finished ball. Using glue we attach the thread to the ball. We are waiting for drying and decorate the room with a ball.
We propose to make kusudama from paper a magic ball according to the sonobe scheme that is suitable for needlewomen without experience. You can attract children to the proposed work. Prepare for work:
- square leaves, you need about thirty pieces,
- a ribbon
Such kusudama is made according to the scheme described below:
- We are engaged in the manufacture of modules. We take a square leaf, bend. Expand and smooth. We press both edges to the previously obtained line.
- We bend the upper corner, it should touch the bend. We do this from a different angle. We fold the triangles that turned out again.
- Boca pressed to the center. Create auxiliary folds. Repeat the action from the other end.
- We open one of the sides and put a corner into it. It turns out a rhombus. Fold the figure in half.
- We take a triangle from the workpiece and apply it to the center. Repeat the work with the opposite edge. All actions must be performed with the remaining squares for the future ball.
- We carry out the assembly. We insert the angle from one module into the pocket of the other. We take one more detail and add to the first two. It looks like a pyramid. We attach all other elements according to the identical principle. We fix everything with PVA glue.
The product is ready. Attach a ribbon to it and hang it in the chosen place.
Colorful Floral Kusudama
If we touch on the question of modules for a kusudama ball, then you can pay attention that when creating it, it is the floral theme that is the main one. In general, not only floral, but also bright modules are characteristic for balls.
Having made such a kusudama out of paper a magic ball according to the pattern, you will cheer yourself up every time you look at it. What you need to have on hand before work:
- multicolored paper
- a ruler with circles
You can make an original ball based on the following steps:
- Draw six identical circles on the selected paper. Cut the workpiece.
- We fold one of the circles in several directions. Expand the product. Turn it over to the other side and form indentations at the top.
- Treat one of the parts of the circle with glue and connect with the second part. Repeat with the remaining circles. You got the petals of the future figure.
- All cooked models can be collected. Lubricate their PVA in turn and connect with each other. You should get a big bright flower for our ball.
We examined with you the technique of kusudama, which is gaining great popularity every day. Due to this technique, you can make a variety of crafts. It is thanks to its diversity that such work has more and more fans. Даже любители не могут отвлечься от изготовления этих великолепных поделок.
Творческое изготовление кусудама шаров, называют лечебным. And this is no accident, because the design process calms, strengthens motor skills and just relaxes, and finished crafts delight the eye. Try to decorate your living room with Kusudama balls, you will like it.
For those who have already decorated their homes with balls, we suggest not to stop and make New Year decorations in your interior. To do this, read the article how to make a snowflake out of paper
Bells are liked by most flower lovers. They are very easy to make out of paper and combine them into a ball. For a beginner, this technique will seem complicated and obscure, but if you look a little into the details, all the difficulties will be eliminated by themselves. To work on such a ball you need: 60 squares of paper of any color, paper clips, PVA glue, a large bead, a thread for knitting.
A detailed description of the manufacture of the ball:
- A paper square is taken and placed on the work surface in the form of a rhombus.
- The lower part of the figure bends upward to form a triangle.
- Both lower corners are bent toward the middle of the workpiece.
- The upper left part bends twice and down.
- The right side bends down and then folds in half.
- The left side of the workpiece is connected to the right. The main thing is that they do not overlap, but only touch.
- The right corner is bent and hidden in the formed pocket.
- The triangle at the top bends down.
- He bends and pokes in the middle of the product.
- Similarly, the remaining fifty-nine modules are made.
- The assembly consists of gluing individual flowers, consisting of five modules. They are glued in a circle using PVA glue. Paper clips are used to fix the workpiece.
- The result should be twelve of these figures.
- All the resulting bells are glued to each other and connected with staples. Thus, a ball is formed.
- A brush is made of thread for knitting.
- After the ball dries, the paper clips are removed and the thread is stretched.
- The brush is fixed with a large bead.
Bright Kusudama Flower
A floral theme is one of the main ones when creating a modular kusudama ball. It is characterized by bright colors and shades of materials from which the product modules are made. The finished result is colorful and cheers up everyone who looks at it. To work on this craft you need: a sheet of colored paper, a pencil, scissors, PVA glue, a ruler for drawing circles.
This original decoration is made as follows:
- Six circles of the same diameter are drawn on a sheet of bright colored paper and cut out.
- One circle is taken and doubled in two directions.
- The blank unfolds and smoothes.
- The product is flipped to the opposite side and recesses are formed on it in the upper part.
- One of the quarters of the circle is smeared with glue and connected.
- The same thing is done with the second quarter.
- From the remaining circles, the same petals of the future flower are formed.
- When all the modules are ready, their assembly begins.
- All parts are alternately lubricated with glue and glued to each other.
- The result is a product in the form of a large and bright flower.
The kusudama technique is becoming more and more popular every day. Making paper crafts from simple and affordable materials captivates needlework enthusiasts around the world. This creative process allows you to usefully spend time and create an original product with which you can decorate your apartment.
Acquaintance with the technique
To begin with, we suggest you make one of the easiest types of this craft to get acquainted with this figure. It will be a kusudama flower, and we offer you an assembly diagram of this figure. This is how all the elements of this figure will look like, which then need to be glued together and shaped into a ball.
For work, we need 60 square sheets of paper 7/7 cm in size and PVA glue. From this amount of paper we should get 12 flowers, which will consist of five of these forms.
We bend our square sheet of paper so that in the end we get a triangle.
Now bend the corners of the triangle to the top point and get a rhombus.
Then fold the previously curved sides in half.
Next, open both curved sides and gently smooth them.
And now we need to bend the upper corners of the sides that we bent so that they are equal to the main figure.
We bend both sides in half and glue the triangles that turned out together.
And now we need to make 5 of the same petals and glue them together to make a flower.
You can watch the video for more detailed information and find out the answers to all your questions:
Now, to get the ball from these twelve colors, we need a few more minutes.
For this work, we need glue, lace or a beautiful ribbon and beads for decoration.
Take 6 flowers, put one in the middle, and glue the other five around the central flower.
Now we will glue the flowers together, we will apply glue a little, starting to the right of the center line of the fold.
When the glue is well set, proceed to gluing the next flower.
We glue very carefully, first the first six colors, and then we get one hemisphere, and then the other six, and we get the second hemisphere. By themselves, they look very beautiful and can already serve as a decor item. But still, let's finish our figure.
Now we will draw a lace or ribbon, depending on what you choose, on which Kusudama will be held. To do this, take the beads and string them on a string. We fix the first and last beads with a knot to fix them in place.
We only need to connect the elements of our future ball, for this we need to apply a small amount of glue inside the fold.
Then glue the lace to the upper and lower petals, but the glue should be applied exactly in the center of the petal. We will stick the second part of the ball when the glue dries on the first.
Well that's all, our kusudama ball is ready. You can hang it over the bed, in the living room or use it as a festive decor. And also it will serve as an excellent gift.
You can also watch a video on how to properly assemble this ball.
There are many Kusudama models in the world. And this kusudama is reminiscent of a volumetric star.
In order to make such a ball, we need 30 square sheets of paper 7/7 cm in size, they can be of different colors, then the figure will come out more beautiful, scissors and glue.
We present to you a video that details how to make such a ball.
Ball with magic
The magic ball is a little different from kusudama, as it consists of one sheet of paper, but you will have to invest a lot of strength and patience. Because for this we need to make several hundred folds and folds. But in the end you will not regret how much you worked, as it will turn out an original toy, a gift and decor.
For this craft, we’ll take a sheet of paper measuring 15/30 cm. We’ll watch a video to learn how to make such a beautiful figure.