Finding a QuickBooks expert can be tricky. Accountants, accountants, consultants, consultants, management companies and many other people offer services that will help you use and use QuickBooks more effectively. But many do not have more than a basic understanding of software. You don’t even know how many useful functions in QuickBooks you are missing, because QuickBooks is an amazingly powerful accounting program.
1. QuickBooks Certification
QuickBooks ProAdvisor can get basic QuickBooks certification. To obtain this certification, ProAdvisor must pass the certification exam. The exam covers topics such as QuickBooks installation, setup, transaction recording, and financial reporting. Although candidates must score 85% to pass the exam, they have six chances to pass. If the candidate fails, they will be asked the wrong questions.
- Pro: This basic certification will give you the confidence that your ProAdvisor will have at least basic knowledge of QuickBooks.
- Con: ProAdvisor, which owns only this certificate, may have learned how to pass the QuickBooks exam using trial and error, and not from a complete understanding of the program. Remember that candidates get six attempts to pass the exam.
2. QuickBooks Advanced Certification
With the AdvancedBooking QuickBooks course, ProAdvisor has a deeper understanding and experience with QuickBooks compared to just basic certification.
Candidates were required to pass the basic exam for three consecutive years and pass the certification exam. The Advanced Exam covers mid-level accounting principles, advanced QuickBooks features, and requires applicants to demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot client data files.
- Pro: You will learn that your ProAdvisor has demonstrated consistency and dedication to working with QuickBooks using the program for at least three years.
- Con: As with the basic exam, candidates get six attempts to pass the exam, so it’s possible that some candidates just learn to pass the exam by trial version and error.
3. QuickBooks Point of Sale (Certification)
Certification of QuickBooks point of sale is for ProAdvisors, who serve small retail businesses that need to set up and support QuickBooks Point of Sale. Point of Sale certification is offered in a two-year cycle, so ProAdvsiors will only need to be re-certified once every two years.
- Pro: If you start a small retail business, you will find out that you are working with someone who understands your industry if you choose ProAdvisor with this certification.
- Con: ProAdvisors with a POS certificate do not pass regular checks like other programs, so it is possible that they are not as modern as other professionals who have passed QuickBooks certification.
Training for you. Trust for your clients.
No matter where you are in your career, we make it easy to get comfortable with QuickBooks accounting products and develop skills at your pace. Choose from videos, webinars, virtual conferences, and in-person events to gain confidence and earn your clients ’trust.
Improve your work, from where you work
Dive into training resources and certification exams right from the Proadvisor tab of QuickBooks Online Accountant.
- Get tips for moving your firm and clients to the cloud.
- Practice navigating your clients ’QuickBooks Online.
- Discover time-saving apps, reports, and more.
4. QuickBooks Enterprise Certification
Certification of QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions requires applicants to pass basic QuickBooks certification and then pass the Enterprise Solutions certification exam. The exam is designed to test individuals' knowledge of QuickBooks financial products and demonstrate their ability to provide on-site QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions customization and customer support.
- Pro: With this certification, QuickBooks ProAdvisors have proven their skills in the most advanced QuickBooks program on the market.
- Con: Currently, there are only 100,000 companies using QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, so most of them do not use this version of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks® Course Introduction
QuickBooks® is an accounting software program created by Intuit® for small businesses and self-employed professionals. It can be used for almost all financial business processes. You can use it for entering receipts, tracking expenses, invoicing, payment tracking, tax tracking, purchase orders, and even to prepare reports and statements regarding your finances. QuickBooks is your business' solution when it comes to bookkeeping and accounting.
This course was created for anyone who wants to learn QuickBooks. Whether you signed up simply to learn QuickBooks or are a complete newbie to the software does not matter. We will teach you the software from beginning to end so that anyone, regardless of experience, learns all that they need to know to successfully use the program.
You will learn how to:
Create a company file
Create a chart of accounts
Add the accounts you need to your chart of accounts
Set up customers, vendors, and the products you sell in QuickBooks
Create and send invoices and sales receipts
Enter and pay bills
· Make journal entries
· Track expenses and income
Manage your Account Receivable and Accounts Payable